Zone 5 update..
This is a decorative peach tree. It bears fruit, (that squirrels beat me to it),, But mainly a decorative patio plant. It has crimson/purple color leaves. I keep it overwinter in my Utility room. Last week the blooms were really starting to open, so I took outdoors, since temps were mild, and above freezing overnight.
Tonight, took back inside. Will be there for the next 5 days, as temps will be below freezing, (at night) and we are expecting some snow as well.
IMG_20230323_161639056_HDR.jpg

Zone 5 update..
This is a decorative peach tree. It bears fruit, (that squirrels beat me to it),, But mainly a decorative patio plant. It has crimson/purple color leaves. I keep it overwinter in my Utility room. Last week the blooms were really starting to open, so I took outdoors, since temps were mild, and above freezing overnight.
Tonight, took back inside. Will be there for the next 5 days, as temps will be below freezing, (at night) and we are expecting some snow as well.
View attachment 3443061
Beautiful ❤️
Squirrels taste good too 😂

I made a kettle of chili..
You just gave me a reminder,,,, I need to make a pot of chili as well... Winter has nothing to do with my chili... I can eat it year round.:drool:drool:drool
I know this is not a cooking thread,,,, but wanted to put some info out there about chili..,,,,,,,, Mainly the beans. I use canned beans of course,, and usually use a combo of pinto beans, black beans, and kidney beans.
The trick that my DD thought me,,,, is to rinse the beans, from the liquid that they are canned in. I previously just added all beans and liquid into my chili. When beans are rinsed,, the amount of human generated methane is considerably reduced. :old:gig:gig:gig

You just gave me a reminder,,,, I need to make a pot of chili as well... Winter has nothing to do with my chili... I can eat it year round.:drool:drool:drool
I know this is not a cooking thread,,,, but wanted to put some info out there about chili..,,,,,,,, Mainly the beans. I use canned beans of course,, and usually use a combo of pinto beans, black beans, and kidney beans.
The trick that my DD thought me,,,, is to rinse the beans, from the liquid that they are canned in. I previously just added all beans and liquid into my chili. When beans are rinsed,, the amount of human generated methane is considerably reduced. :old:gig:gig:gig
that sort of defeats the whole point of eating chili ..:lau

Back
Top Bottom