finally got enough lettuce for a salad:wee
new type of lettuce for me, bought burpees lettuce to try, normally i plant a type of butter
DSCN0314.JPG

finally got enough lettuce for a salad:wee
new type of lettuce for me, bought burpees lettuce to try, normally i plant a type of butterView attachment 1698185
:hmm I have never been more jealous. That looks delicious. I'm still making snow cones here. I recommend not eating the yellow ones. :p

:hmm I have never been more jealous. That looks delicious. I'm still making snow cones here. I recommend not eating the yellow ones. :p
please don't be jealous, i'm in the panhandle of florida and also have a little cheap greenhouse so i wanted to play with something, my tomatoes will probably have to go north with us when we go home, before i get a tomato

You might need to send us more spring pictures! I need to see something green.

No spring pics of green, but how about purple?

IMG_6262.JPG

I picked this one about 12 days ago, right before we had a run of 20* lows. I have about 3 or 4 more that have come up. It's 67* now, supposed to be in the low 70's today. But, that comes with a chance of severe storms. In fact, we have a line heading for us now that is about 30 minutes out. It streaches back all the way to Ft.Worth. Our spring weather is pretty stormy.

Other things that are up in the garden are my sugar snaps & potatoes. My spinach & turnips have started bolting already. *sigh* I want to find stuff that will take a bit of heat to grow this year. I do have malabar spinach planted, but it hasn't sprouted yet. I had swiss chard up, but the cold last week really beat it up. Going to replant and try again.

In my jugs, my kale, brussel sprouts, lavendar, dill, chives and 1 tomato are up. Took the leaves out of 2 of my beds. Broke up the ground and put in some fertilizer. Plan on putting compost on both of those this weekend, and cover back up with leaves. Will be planting tomatoes, peppers, green beans & cucumbers in those beds.

Mostly waiting on the weather. Make sure it doesn't get cold again and for it to quit raining. It has been a wet, wet winter for us. I stand in mud/water when I'm out working in my raised beds.

No spring pics of green, but how about purple?

View attachment 1700140

I picked this one about 12 days ago, right before we had a run of 20* lows. I have about 3 or 4 more that have come up. It's 67* now, supposed to be in the low 70's today. But, that comes with a chance of severe storms. In fact, we have a line heading for us now that is about 30 minutes out. It streaches back all the way to Ft.Worth. Our spring weather is pretty stormy.

Other things that are up in the garden are my sugar snaps & potatoes. My spinach & turnips have started bolting already. *sigh* I want to find stuff that will take a bit of heat to grow this year. I do have malabar spinach planted, but it hasn't sprouted yet. I had swill chard up, but the cold last week really beat it up. Going to replant and try again.

In my jugs, my kale, brussel sprouts, lavendar, dill, chives and 1 tomato are up. Took the leaves out of 2 of my beds. Broke up the ground and put in some fertilizer. Plan on putting compost on both of those this weekend, and cover back up with leaves. Will be planting tomatoes, peppers, green beans & cucumbers in those beds.

Mostly waiting on the weather. Make sure it doesn't get cold again and for it to quit raining. It has been a wet, wet winter for us. I stand in mud/water when I'm out working in my raised beds.

Thanks for the photo!

We had a huge garden when we lived in north FL...squash did very well for us.

I've read about the possible storms coming your way. We're in the middle of a snow blizzard here :(

Back
Top Bottom