Roundup is in courts with allegations that it is linked to cancer. I will not use any such chemical. I also do not use herbicides on my lawn where my chickens and grandchildren play. I may have a few extra dandelions, but I can live with them.
By all means,,,,, WELCOME to this thread:thumbsup and :welcome

I encourage dandelions... they feed the bees early spring and give them enough food to establish good brood :)

Encouraging diversity in the lawn promotes many bees, and often when mowing I have left patches of clover. Bees have been declining and anything we can do to encourage them to survive helps them, and us!

There IS residual effects of Roundup, from the glyphosate: Glyphosate ends up in the garden soil, is taken up by your garden plants, the bees uptake the glyphosate by pollinating, and kills the bees. Bees disappear.

@Andrewnorman When the bees disappear we disappear too, so using Roundup may seem to help now, but the bees will disappear from your property. Bees are very sensitive, even to organic insect sprays.

Last edited:
Encouraging diversity in the lawn promotes many bees, and often when mowing I have left patches of clover. Bees have been declining and anything we can do to encourage them to survive helps them, and us!

There IS residual effects of Roundup, from the glyphosate: Glyphosate ends up in the garden soil, is taken up by your garden plants, the bees uptake the glyphosate by pollinating, and kills the bees. Bees disappear.

@Andrewnorman When the bees disappear we disappear too, so using Roundup may seem to help now, but the bees will disappear from your property. Bees are very sensitive, even to organic insect sprays.
Point of note, all of the herbicide manufacturers use glyphosate or worse. It isn't just Roundup.

998E00C1-E3B1-42EA-A453-BDF05CB6764A.jpeg
CBA17B3C-304A-46C1-9FB6-C16B967CF0B4.jpeg
2ED5E4B5-999B-477A-80D1-66C52BA7A152.jpeg

I am trying to identify this plant I was given?

Back
Top Bottom