good afternoon, I was going to post a picture but I am no able to. Have to get GS to fix it.
speaking of deer hunting,(above). I don't hunt
anymore, but my brother and his two boys and grandson, (first year hunting) and a friend hunt
together. Yesterday on opening day, the friend shot 3 bucks by 2PM. Nobody else saw anything. a six pointer and two eight pointer

,,,,,,jiminwisc......

good afternoon, I was going to post a picture but I am no able to. Have to get GS to fix it.
speaking of deer hunting,(above). I don't hunt
anymore, but my brother and his two boys and grandson, (first year hunting) and a friend hunt
together. Yesterday on opening day, the friend shot 3 bucks by 2PM. Nobody else saw anything. a six pointer and two eight pointer

,,,,,,jiminwisc......

Congrats on the bucks. When I was a little girl, I would dig through my mother's jewlery box. there was a deer ear in it and I thought it was odd, but never questioned it. As an adult, I was going through family pics and found an old one of my Dad holding his rifle with an 8 point buck. I finally put two and two together and figured the ear must have been a trophy since the only time he hunted was when we went to West Texas to visit the grands. I know, kinda dense.

Yup, as kids we really didn't pay attention to a lot of things.
I used to hunt squirrels and after I go married, I tried cooking them, could never get them tender like my mom did. She moved in with us when she was 94 years old. I asked her why my squirrels were so tough . Then she told me that she used her pressure cooker .. I quit hunting a long time ago, so I never got to try that.
My daughters wouldn't eat wild game. I always said that if it came wrapped in seran wrap, they would eat it.
I love to make bbq venison ribs.
.....jiminwisc.......

Since it is deer season,,,, here is a bit of advice.
if-you-harvest-a-deer-with-a-leg-like-this-36788503.png

Yup, as kids we really didn't pay attention to a lot of things.
I used to hunt squirrels and after I go married, I tried cooking them, could never get them tender like my mom did. She moved in with us when she was 94 years old. I asked her why my squirrels were so tough . Then she told me that she used her pressure cooker .. I quit hunting a long time ago, so I never got to try that.
My daughters wouldn't eat wild game. I always said that if it came wrapped in seran wrap, they would eat it.
I love to make bbq venison ribs.
.....jiminwisc.......
I know traditions, right!! I heard this old story about the newlywed who wanted to bake a roast and used her mothers recipe. It called for cutting the roast in half and baking it in two pans. She asked her mother why and the mother said "That's how Mama did it." She called her grandma and asked her why she cooked her roast in two pans and the grandma said "I didn't have a big enough pan". That is how traditions get started.

T Day is almost here. We are staying home and having no company. There are five of us here full time. We are going to pick up a
meal for six from County market. just warm it up and eat. I have a hunch that I will have to tweak the sweet potatoes to my liking.
.......jiminwisc.........

yes there are limits. there are multiple tags
where available. and a person in a group may
shoot a deer for another person in the group.
ours is a family group. very seldom an outsider is allowed to hunt with us. We are very strict about safety and the rules.
If an outsider decides to "bend the rules" he is sent on his way.. No second chances.
I like sweet potatoes. I tweak them with brown sugar (or marshmallows ) , butter and black pepper.. I do the same with buttercup squash..
....jiminwisc....

Back
Top Bottom