Happy 4th of July!!!

Fireworks_P7042785_07-04-2007-001.jpg

I lucked out this winter and scored two free truck loads of
wood chips from the company clearing the electric wires.
I had some left that I got quite a few years ago, Ut us almost
like black dirt. just about two cubic yards of it. I have been
using it sparingly. now I can go ahead and splurge .
There’s nothing quite like a couple loads of wood chips to really bolster that feeling of prosperity! :gig

Hi, gardener and duck keeper in mid 50s here, from Europe. What a good thread. Reminds me of a book.. I think the title was, Surviving and thriving on the land. Specifically writing also about aging in place.

Anyway, here's our pride and joy, the quite early beefsteak tomato - Gallego is the cultivar name I believe, from 3 days ago. So early, so tasty, this is our new champion among the reds. (Negrillo de Almoguera is the top black one so it seems we have a thing for Spanish tomatos.)

(A friend's comment: dude, what a small fork.)

photo_2023-07-08_16-30-11.jpg

Hi, gardener and duck keeper in mid 50s here, from Europe. What a good thread. Reminds me of a book.. I think the title was, Surviving and thriving on the land. Specifically writing also about aging in place.

Anyway, here's our pride and joy, the quite early beefsteak tomato - Gallego is the cultivar name I believe, from 3 days ago. So early, so tasty, this is our new champion among the reds. (Negrillo de Almoguera is the top black one so it seems we have a thing for Spanish tomatos.)

View attachment 3570289
Welcome to the thread! That is a lovely tomato! Mine are still little green marbles.

View attachment 3570289
Glad to meet you.
My tomatoes are still flowers LOL

Back
Top Bottom