Garlic?

I prefer to offer fresh garlic as a treat in a separate dish to my chickens (who love it) as then they choose how much to eat. I'd do the same for your ducks and see what their reaction is. I don't add anything to my birds water as anything you add will start to deteriorate reasonably quickly.

I’ve bought a jar of chopped garlic when my hens had a slight spring time respiratory issue. Between that and vetRX they all recovered.I’m severely allergic to garlic and didn’t want to handle it,

My coops smelled heavenly ❤️ As @llombardo says it’s great in fermented feed, leave their water alone , it might not interest them all. Also if you do ff also have dry available too.

I'm asking because we think one of our chickens, could have upper respiratory. We isolated her, her eyes are swollen shut and she breathes a little heavy. We were going to add apple cider vinegar and garlic to the rest of the flock's water, but we have ducks so I wasn't sure if we could.

I'm asking because we think one of our chickens, could have upper respiratory. We isolated her, her eyes are swollen shut and she breathes a little heavy. We were going to add apple cider vinegar and garlic to the rest of the flock's water, but we have ducks so I wasn't sure if we could.
Duck don't catch chickens diseases. You need an antibiotic for the chickens

Duck don't catch chickens diseases. You need an antibiotic for the chickens
Ducks can and do catch respiratory infections from chickens. :D Two that they can get from chickens are mycoplasma and cholera.

As for garlic, most vets recommend not using it because it can be toxic.

@TyKyra Lancaster, is a vet an option? I ask because it would be best to have a vet look at your chicken and prescibe an antibiotic.

Yes!!!! Garlic is a great way to keep your ducks healthy. Floating it in there water or mixing some garlic powder in there food is great!
Have you ever heard of a veterinarian recommending this? All articles I have read say not to feed garlic to birds, cats, and dogs.

Back
Top Bottom