Gathering information

coffeebean11

Hatching
Oct 14, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I grew up on a Dairy farm but now live in a suburb with about 4 acres. Growing up we had egg laying chickens and fryers/heavies/freezer (I think that's what they were called!)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? None

(3) What breeds do you have? None

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Pinterest researching

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening (vegetables, perennials, trees/shrubs), kids activities, knitting and paper crafting/DIY.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have 3 cats and a dog and I am a teacher.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D . A friend with chickens recommended it!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens Coffee bean! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: What chicken breeds would you be planning on raising? All chickens serve some kind of purpose if its eggs, meat, dual purpose, show or exhibition. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

byc1-modern.gif

So when are you gettin chickens? You have plenty of room with 4 acres! Do you want to get both kinds again-layers for eggs and "broilers" for meat? Seems like they're better off being raised separately though since their needs are so different... or you could go with dual purpose breeds. The dual purpose come in so many pretty varieties and they're usually friendlier too.
Visit the Learning Center to help get you started... good luck!!

Hi and welcome to our community.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 (there's a guide on how to include your location under your avatar - including your location is very helpful). You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom