gave chicks tiny worms

grammym

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 22, 2012
Sequim, WA
just gave my ten babies two tiny earthworms and what fun to watch. at first they didn't know what to do with the squirmy thing, but then one picked it up and off to the races we went. they ran all around the brooder and chased the one with the worm, the worm got dropped, picked up by another then the race went. i'm sure glad i wasn't the worm. how much free fun i had watching them.

I gave mine earthworms, it didn't seem to cause any issue...
It was terribly hilarious. Looks like chick football. This one has it, no now this other one and he's running in circles with it...then another jumps up and grabs it out of the first ones mouth...so on and so forth.

If the chicks were being brooded by their mother they would be outside eating earthworms everyday...so I'm not too terribly worried about it myself.

OH NO! I thought that it would be ok since if they were outside they would be eating things like this. Guess I won't do that again, since I've been lucky so far with these chicks and haven't lost any.

Glad to read this. We have a worm bed and I had thought that we could feed the worms to the chicks when they got older. Now I know that's a no-no. Thanks for posting this.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom