G'day from Australia

Sara3chooks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 24, 2013
I FINALLY got 3 chooks today - Australorps. I'm very excited about the new addition to our garden AND to our home. Can't wait til they start to lay eggs. I could sit and watch them for hours. And I reckon my neighbours think I'm nuts cos I keep talking to them....LOVE IT!

Hi from another Aussie there are lots of us on this forum. Corronations arnt that rare here you pay bout $35 a bird. If you are interested in rare breeds there is a australian rarebreed poultry website. Australorps are lovely i have bantam australorps. Say hi on the Aussie thread "six states and a funny little island" they a nice bunch really helpful.

G'day and welcome from Alaska,Congratulations on your new flock. We are new chicken owners also.You are right.They are very entertaining!! I can watch them for hours.
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome Sara :) I used to live in Brisvegas many years ago :) Opted for a massive sea change. Living out in the sticks in NSW.
And don't worry, I talk to my girls and rooster all the time, I get strange looks. Known as the crazy chook lady lol
I have Rhode Island Reds and Isa Browns :) Hopefully ducks very soon as well :)

Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Of course you would get Australorps in Australia. :)

There seem to be quite a few people on this board who live in Australia. Where in Australia do you live?

I live in Brisbane - or Bris Vegas as we call it in these parts. Have started out with Australorps - the great Aussie chook - but reckon I'm gonna get more. Maybe some Sussex? They are pretty.....

I live in Brisbane - or Bris Vegas as we call it in these parts. Have started out with Australorps - the great Aussie chook - but reckon I'm gonna get more. Maybe some Sussex? They are pretty.....

They say there are more than 500 breeds of chickens. I am sure you can find one or two breeds you like. :)

Speckled Sussex are popular in the United States.

A woman in Tasmania posted pictures of her Coronation Sussex. Those are pretty. I think they are pretty rare, though.

Back
Top Bottom