G'day from Australia

Sara3chooks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 24, 2013
I FINALLY got 3 chooks today - Australorps. I'm very excited about the new addition to our garden AND to our home. Can't wait til they start to lay eggs. I could sit and watch them for hours. And I reckon my neighbours think I'm nuts cos I keep talking to them....LOVE IT!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Of course you would get Australorps in Australia. :)

There seem to be quite a few people on this board who live in Australia. Where in Australia do you live?

I live in Brisbane - or Bris Vegas as we call it in these parts. Have started out with Australorps - the great Aussie chook - but reckon I'm gonna get more. Maybe some Sussex? They are pretty.....

I live in Brisbane - or Bris Vegas as we call it in these parts. Have started out with Australorps - the great Aussie chook - but reckon I'm gonna get more. Maybe some Sussex? They are pretty.....

They say there are more than 500 breeds of chickens. I am sure you can find one or two breeds you like. :)

Speckled Sussex are popular in the United States.

A woman in Tasmania posted pictures of her Coronation Sussex. Those are pretty. I think they are pretty rare, though.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Hi from another Aussie there are lots of us on this forum. Corronations arnt that rare here you pay bout $35 a bird. If you are interested in rare breeds there is a australian rarebreed poultry website. Australorps are lovely i have bantam australorps. Say hi on the Aussie thread "six states and a funny little island" they a nice bunch really helpful.

Back
Top Bottom