Geese eggs versus the NEW LG?

LTygress

Songster
7 Years
Sep 12, 2012
Within the past month or so, LG changed it's design. I bought one in January with the old design, and one last week with the new design. The base is now MUCH deeper, although the top is now much shorter (more shallow). But I'm wondering if the new design can now acommodate goose eggs with a turner - laid on their side, of course.

I'm actually thinking about converting my chicken egg-turner into a side-ways goose-egg turner. But I need to know if they'll fit that way in the NEW LG design.

So if any of you recently bought an LG for chicken eggs, or know someone who did buy one recently, or even just have access to one in the store somehow, could you please let me know if goose eggs will NOW fit in the LG incubator WITH a turner, using the NEW design?

As a matter of fact, the Miller Manufacturing Company website (the ones who make LG incubators) still uses a picture of the OLD design.

Just wanted to mention that I'll actually have the answer to this today. My sebbie eggs are scheduled to be delivered today, and I have the NEW LG with a chicken egg turner in it right now. The incubator will be turned off prior to "fitting" the goose eggs, just so they don't rest up against the hot metal if they get that close. But I don't actually plan to hatch these goose eggs in that incubator. At least not this time. If they fit though, I'll thin out my chicken eggs, and start putting goose eggs in that one and keeping chicken eggs in my two old LGs. So keep your eyes out this evening or tomorrow morning for an update on the NEW LG design and whether or not it can now completely FIT goose eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom