geese food....what kind??

I give my geese game bird starter and I've read tons of threads about too much protein BUT I let mine out to graze real early. They eat a lot of grass, plants and roots.

I've never had a problem with them.

For goslings up to 5-6 weeks of age they need around a 20 percent protein, non-medicated chicken crumble. After that time you can drop them down to a lower protein feed. Anywhere from around 14-17 percent protein. Good luck with your new geese
smile.png

I was thinking.....what i give my ducks......it a mix of ......gamebird crumble, layer pellet, whole oats,rolled oat, crack corn and some dry cat food/dog food..... and alfelfa cube on the side that have been socked in water??

Quote:
Some geese are picky eaters and will pick out what they like best and leave the rest. Mine have eaten everything you have on your list but if fed the mix described (with no free ranging) the alfalfa cubes would go first followed by the pellets and grains the crumbles and rolled oats are often a problem for them to pick up so they end up in the bottom.

I have a 30 lb feeder full of laying mash..a 30 lb feeder of cracked corn and a feeder of flock raiser. they eat what they want and get plenty of grass to graze on.
The geese seem to prefer the flock raiser (tractor supply) and the chickens prefer laying mash. they all eat the corn

I had been wondering if they would eat cracked corn. I give it to my chickens and have avoided giving it to my geese because I didn't know if they can have it. Mine prefer to eat pellets over crumbles though.

Back
Top Bottom