Geese ???

Could be pilgrims, I don’t raise that breed so I’m not familiar with that breed. You can’t tell gender of a goose until they’re close to a year old and in most cases you have to wait until you get an egg to know.
Here is a google pic of pilgrim goslings
View attachment 3583112
FYI - that's a photo of Chinese goslings. I've raised Chinese and now raise Pilgrims, and Pilgrims - even male goslings - look different from Chinese goslings.

They are too young to free range unless you want to feed a predator? Hawks etc will be after them.
How old do they need to be to free range? I have LGDs and about 35 chickens and Guinea free ranging.

Attachments

• IMG_2659.jpeg
    IMG_2659.jpeg
    258.9 KB · Views: 2
That’s great you have a LGD but unless they can hold their own against the chicken and guineas and are large enough a hawk can’t swoop in and carry on off I’d give them more time. Have they been hanging out with the flock and do they know your LGD? I’m pretty protective so others might say go ahead. I’d just be worried. My goslings were with me from 2 days until my goose pair adopted them at 3 weeks. Then I felt they were going to be okay.

That’s great you have a LGD but unless they can hold their own against the chicken and guineas and are large enough a hawk can’t swoop in and carry on off I’d give them more time. Have they been hanging out with the flock and do they know your LGD? I’m pretty protective so others might say go ahead. I’d just be worried. My goslings were with me from 2 days until my goose pair adopted them at 3 weeks. Then I felt they were going to be okay.
I’m not ready to let them out yet, but when I do the dogs watch for aerial predators and they will have places to take cover.

The previous owner of my pair thought their gander was a female and the bigger one a male but the smaller one in my case is a male. They're fed an all flock diet (instead of scratch feed )and the males getting 1 ml of B Complex daily.

Back
Top Bottom