1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gender and Breed Help for a Newbie

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MrsBkyrdChicks, Jun 14, 2016.

1. MrsBkyrdChicks

MrsBkyrdChicks New Egg

Jun 14, 2016
    We have our fist set of backyard chickens and are sure (at least) one of them is a roo but are getting mixed feedback on which one! We have two americaunas and not sure what our little golden one is. We are sure one of our Americaunas is a roo. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

All are Easter Eggers. The one with the brown body and black head is a cockerel; the other two so far appear to be pullets.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree with Queen Misha - all three are beautiful EE's. Especially love the cockerels coloring

4. mbphotos09

mbphotos09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2015
    Watching Chicken TV...
    I agree with the above posts. They are all gorgeous! [​IMG]

5. MrsBkyrdChicks

MrsBkyrdChicks New Egg

Jun 14, 2016
    [​IMG]

That's what I was afraid of. She ...he is so beautiful!!! We can't keep him in town but had a friend who really wanted him! We thought this one was a boy too? It's been so slow at getting its feathers and my husband swears he's seen it try to crow. What does Easter Egger mean? Thank you all so much, we have fallen in love with these three!

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

That so far appears to be a pullet, though EEs can be tricky.

An Easter Egger is typically a multigenerational Ameraucana hybrid. They are frequently missold as pure Ameraucanas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by