Gender and Breed Quiz (For learning purposes!)

Pics
Silkie = walnut comb, Brahma = pea comb.....  Guessing not.

There's nearly an unlimited amount of crosses in existence so.... that's how I'm convincing myself to not feel bad about not knowing.

Here's my dumb throw-away guess..... OEGB x blue Cochin..... Or even serama....
That's a good guess. I hadn'tthought of OEGB, but I do see a bit of cochin in him, I believe

Silkie = walnut comb, Brahma = pea comb.....  Guessing not.

There's nearly an unlimited amount of crosses in existence so.... that's how I'm convincing myself to not feel bad about not knowing.

Here's my dumb throw-away guess..... OEGB x blue Cochin..... Or even serama....

Yeah, I was thinking he might have some Serama and Brahma in him.

I'm in New Zealand and we have no where near the variety of breeds that you lucky ducks have. No Seramas or Brahmas here (sadly). The bantam cochin is correct (they are called pekin bantams here) but that's not where he gets his colour - his mum was a gold partridge colour. You guys would know his father's breed well, but usually as the white variety. Look at those huge wattles and comb.

I'm in New Zealand and we have no where near the variety of breeds that you lucky ducks have. No Seramas or Brahmas here (sadly). The bantam cochin is correct (they are called pekin bantams here) but that's not where he gets his colour - his mum was a gold partridge colour. You guys would know his father's breed well, but usually as the white variety. Look at those huge wattles and comb. 

In the uk we've not had seramas long , around 12 years, and we seem to have less variety most of them being hybrids, orpingtons or bantams

I would guess Cochin mix roo. With a mixed breed, anything is possible, though.
1f600.png

I was wondering if I could post here a pic of my 7 week old chick, which I got from McM hatchery. I thought it was a certain breed, but now it doesn't look like what I thought at all.
Maybe you experts could help me out and have some fun, too
1f60a.png

Father = leghorn?

I would guess Cochin mix roo. With a mixed breed, anything is possible, though.
1f600.png

I was wondering if I could post here a pic of my 7 week old chick, which I got from McM hatchery. I thought it was a certain breed, but now it doesn't look like what I thought at all.
Maybe you experts could help me out and have some fun, too
1f60a.png

Sure! Go ahead and post it! :)

Yes, light breed/standard leghorn is the father of our little cross. More specifically he was a Duckwing Leghorn - I think in America they are referred to as Silver Leghorns. They are so pretty. And his mother was a Gold Partridge Pekin (Cochin) Bantam. He wasn't much bigger than the other Pekin bantams that we hatched and was round and dumpy like them, just with a longer neck and tail. He started to get a bit of brown with the Partridge pattern across his back, but was mostly silver. I love the duckwing colour and we so wish he'd have been a girl so we could've kept him!

Back
Top Bottom