Gender? And is this a Frizzle??

A bird in hand

Hatching
Nov 11, 2023
Hi everyone. Im new to this forum so i hope i post correctly. I have a bantam brahma,has taken forever to get feathers,and now all curly.?! Rooster Or Hen? Sweet little thing. Extremely friendly. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20231111_084749.jpg
    20231111_084749.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 20231111_084746.jpg
    20231111_084746.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20231111_084645.jpg
    20231111_084645.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 17
I'm thinking cockerel. It is not a frizzle, but the feathers are shredded pretty badly. It's also a mixed color Brahma from what I can see.

I am not sure what you could do about the feathers. They may molt out later and be replaced with normal feathering, but there is no guarantee that will happen. It would be a good ideas to check him for feather mites and lice, and make sure he is getting plenty of protein in his feed. You can supplement with a few meal worms once in a while as well.

I'm thinking cockerel. It is not a frizzle, but the feathers are shredded pretty badly. It's also a mixed color Brahma from what I can see.

I am not sure what you could do about the feathers. They may molt out later and be replaced with normal feathering, but there is no guarantee that will happen. It would be a good ideas to check him for feather mites and lice, and make sure he is getting plenty of protein in his feed. You can supplement with a few meal worms once in a while as well.
Okay I was calling him Bobby because I thought maybe he was a cockerel...he cones running when I call him. He bonded with me. He had a few feathers at first, and now they're coming in more. His head and neck are curly as well. The other chicks are all normal and bigger. But I have a banty Brahma hen I've had for 8 years that's his momma and she's normal, but I had a large Brahma rooster that got her and oops. We have Bobby.

Back
Top Bottom