Gender? Cochin frizzle and white silkie. One crowed this morning.

RosesChickens

Chirping
Apr 7, 2021
Heard one of my chickens crowing. The 2 in question are
1. a white silkie with no waddles, rose comb, don’t know age cause breeder sold her as a hen but she is small, said she was 6 months old but the other old she sold me crowed the next week. Vent is very small like half a dime size.
4C6569A9-0A2D-44AC-BA8F-E41803047EFB.jpeg
CF4DAE7B-FD71-4CFF-A94F-26F778E18095.jpeg
B336D711-67AF-43EE-BF1C-C7670C185CA7.jpeg
8A188956-8EC1-4CCB-A556-AC59ECCF9B8B.jpeg

2. A blue frizzle approx age 6 months. Vent is also very small. Single black comb, small red waddles. Neck and saddle feathers short.
326E6171-8706-460B-B797-23ED5362DEA6.jpeg

DNA test from IQ bird testing website? How accurate is this?
I have a few silkie chicks I wouldn’t mind gender testing

Attachments

• 59953A59-0B3B-4AB1-9215-68EA90F3ACEB.jpeg
    59953A59-0B3B-4AB1-9215-68EA90F3ACEB.jpeg
    938.2 KB · Views: 8
Heard one of my chickens crowing. The 2 in question are
1. a white silkie with no waddles, rose comb, don’t know age cause breeder sold her as a hen but she is small, said she was 6 months old but the other old she sold me crowed the next week. Vent is very small like half a dime size.
View attachment 2693945View attachment 2693947View attachment 2693946View attachment 2693942

2. A blue frizzle approx age 6 months. Vent is also very small. Single black comb, small red waddles. Neck and saddle feathers short.
View attachment 2693948

DNA test from IQ bird testing website? How accurate is this?
I have a few silkie chicks I wouldn’t mind gender testing
I have used IQ bird testing, have sent both egg shells with newly hatched silkies and feathers with older birds. I have had 100% accuracy so far with their results.😊
It requires that you follow their instructions carefully for sample collection.
I agree with others that the silkie appears to be your crower.😊

I have used IQ bird testing, have sent both egg shells with newly hatched silkies and feathers with older birds. I have had 100% accuracy so far with their results.😊
It requires that you follow their instructions carefully for sample collection.
I agree with others that the silkie appears to be your crower.😊
Okay thank you for that info. Thinking of doing the gender testing for my silkie chicks.
So I still haven’t seen or heard the white silkie crow. But my husband said she did it 3 times early in the morning.
Question. She doesn’t seem to be mating well with my bantam satin hens (Cochin silkie). They are laying already. She’s jumping on their back and pulling their head hair ALLLLLOT like all day. But her tail is down which makes me think he is not coming into contact with her vent area.
And how long will it take till I can start collecting “hopeful” fertile eggs?

Okay thank you for that info. Thinking of doing the gender testing for my silkie chicks.
So I still haven’t seen or heard the white silkie crow. But my husband said she did it 3 times early in the morning.
Question. She doesn’t seem to be mating well with my bantam satin hens (Cochin silkie). They are laying already. She’s jumping on their back and pulling their head hair ALLLLLOT like all day. But her tail is down which makes me think he is not coming into contact with her vent area.
And how long will it take till I can start collecting “hopeful” fertile eggs?
Takes the young boys a while to figure it out. My silkie rooster, when he was young, was overamorous and we had to separate him for about a month and then put him back in with the girls. Gave him a chance to settle down a bit.😊
If mating is properly achieved, you should have fertile eggs within a few days.

Takes the young boys a while to figure it out. My silkie rooster, when he was young, was overamorous and we had to separate him for about a month and then put him back in with the girls. Gave him a chance to settle down a bit.😊
If mating is properly achieved, you should have fertile eggs within a few days.
Ok thank you
She has been separating herself. Flying up to a high roost cause I don’t think he can jump up there. She’s a young satin that just starting laying.

Back
Top Bottom