Gender Game - The Next Generation

aghiowa

Songster
9 Years
Sep 14, 2010
Hi all. I posted when my little guys were 5 weeks. Now they are 2 months, and their genders are becoming more apparent, I think. Looking for more opinions. I have 5 little ones - let's begin!

Bruce is a Black Copper Marans. I know he's a roo - just hoping some kind-hearted soul will tell me I'm wrong.
roll.png

67782_bruce_1.jpg

67782_bruce_2.jpg

Buffy is a buff orpington. I first thought pullet, then wondered roo, but now after seeing the 2 month old BO in the "Gender Check" thread, I'm feeling more pullet-hopeful.
67782_buffy_1.jpg

67782_buffy_2.jpg

67782_buffy_3.jpg

Bernice is a splash cochin. I am thinking pullet??
67782_bernice_1.jpg

67782_bernice_2.jpg

67782_bernice_3.jpg

Now, those were the easy ones. On to the two Silkies!

Dupioni, I am wondering about. He ACTS like a roo. I have nothing to base that on though...
67782_dupioni_1.jpg

67782_dupioni_2.jpg

67782_dupioni_3.jpg

Shantung looks similar to Dupioni, but is a bit smaller and a lot more shy.
67782_shantung_1.jpg

67782_shantung_2.jpg

67782_shantung_3.jpg

Thanks for sticking with me! I have to know pretty soon, because no roosters are allowed here in town.

Angela

Im sorry to say it but without a doubt your BCM its a Rooster.
All of the other ones look like pullets, even tho the Buff Orping ton seems to have too much red on his/her wattles, but they are rather small for a boy his age so thats why I say girl too.
The silkie I'm not 100% sure but I'm leaning towards pullet.

The first silkie is a cockeral. The second one could be a pullet. I think your guesses on all the others are right. Silkies are tricky little goofs, I have some 5 months old that I am still in the air about gender!

The only roo I can see is the first silkie in the pics! The bcm could go either way but I'd say pullet for now though I'm not familiar with the breed, there is no feathering to signify roo just yet!

bcm is only 8 weeks old? If it were mine, I'd definitely say roo.
smile.png
No clue on the silkies, mine were 12 weeks + and I never had an idea. Tentative pullet guess on the other two.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom