Gender guess 4 week Barnevelder

I need to get more updated pics. Ronnie’s comb has not gotten any larger or redder. It is still more orange/red than my pullets, but isn’t as brilliant red as my 2 other cockerels.

He still doesn’t have a lot of lacing pattern and the chest is entirely black. So I still think it a a boy.

Interestingly someone posted their Barnevelder in a FB group, similar in age to Ronnie, and it had a scarlet red comb, much larger than Ronnie’s. So I’m still a little on the fence…

Last edited:
hmm it’s so hard to tell with some of the young chickens. I love following along though! Looking forward to seeing your pics when you get them.

hmm it’s so hard to tell with some of the young chickens. I love following along though! Looking forward to seeing your pics when you get them.
I’ll get some pics a little later today. Right now it is yucky rainy outside where Ronnie is. It’s dry inside, and also a little distracting…
IMG_7642.jpeg
IMG_7674.jpeg

It’s HATCH DAY!!!!

I'm thinking girl. Just instinct not knowledge 😝🤣 just looks girl to me!
I hope you’re right!

We decided we’re keeping him regardless, but I’d still prefer a hen.

If Ronnie is a roo and a nice bird, we’re going to set up a small breeding flock for him. But I’m not 100% set on breeding silver Barnies, so I’m like a hen and then I can keep be indecisive about what I want to breed…

I say cockerel. The uneven lacing is really what has me thinking that, as girls should have nice lacing all over and a small pale comb.

Back
Top Bottom