Gender Guesses on These Chicks?

graygiant

In the Brooder
May 27, 2016
Our Buff Orpingtons were supposedly all hatched the same week . . . everyone started out the same size & weight for the first couple weeks . . . then, Pepper got huge real fast, Space got sick and didn't gain weight again until a couple weeks later, Salt got big, but slowly rather than suddenly like Pepper did, and little Jimmy gained weight slowly and steadily, but Jimmy's little comb & wattles started getting bigger and quite red very suddenly last week. They've been going outdoors every day since they were 1 week old. Just for an hour or so at first, then we increased their outside time as the weather warmed up--now, they're outdoors from around 9:00 a.m. until about 8:30 p.m. every day. They get plenty of sunlight, but hae lots of shade, too and being a fair-skinned person, I'm very careful with my animals not to let them become sunburned. Tomorrow, they turn 9 weeks old . . . any guesses on genders yet? I can't really tell for sure about their saddle feathers yet and could not for the life of me get a decent photo to show you of their feathers!

"Pepper"

"Salt"

"Space"

"Jimmy"

Thank you for your input! I didn't even realize until I looked closer at this photo that Pepper's wattles have grown a lot over the past week. Hmmm . . .

Back
Top Bottom