gender help please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by harryg6167, Aug 2, 2010.

1. harryg6167

harryg6167 Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Kentwood
    I am telling the kids it looks mighty cocky with the bigger comb but they wanted opinions from BYC before I got rid of it so here is a few pictures. Then I am undecided on the buff and have included 2 pictures of it. I am usually pretty good a determining the sex but lately I have not done so great. (I think that I just like the colors of some and just trying to make them pullets when they are not.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help.

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    The BO looks like a girl to me. I couldn't really guess on the other one. How old are they?

3. harryg6167

harryg6167 Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Kentwood
    Yay Chicks! :

The BO looks like a girl to me. I couldn't really guess on the other one. How old are they?

I would have to go look in my books to make sure but the BO is 3 months or so and the other is a little ove 2 months I think.​

4. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Songster

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    I think the first one is a roo. I have had 2-3 yard crosses look like that and all were roos. Actually got one outside right now but is to late or I would go take a pic.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] This one was from last summer, But he had a heart attack or something and is no longer here. I don't know much about BO. Depends on the age as far as the comb goes, but I would not trust a comb. How do the feathers look? Can't see no roo feathering in the pic but he/she could be too young.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  5. spikennipper

spikennipper Songster

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    The first one is most definitely a cockerel the second looks like a hen.

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:x2

7. ve

ve Songster

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Both boys

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by