Gender help!

shaun1says

In the Brooder
Dec 8, 2015
Hello,

First time poster! I recently started my first flock and got a blackish one (pictured) as a hen but the more I look at it the more I think it could be a rooster. Any help is much appreciated!

Welcome to BYC. Picture is not showing. Pointy hackle, saddle and sickle feathers plus early comb development would indicate that you have a cockerel.

Ok hopefully this picture works now! I think it's a male but he seems to be halfway between my defined hens and my defined roosters...

When I enlarge the picture, I think that I see pointy hackle and saddle feathers starting to appear.
old.gif
I'm guessing that the bird is somewhat less than 8 months old, and may very well be a cockerel.

When I enlarge the picture, I think that I see pointy hackle and saddle feathers starting to appear.
old.gif
I'm guessing that the bird is somewhat less than 8 months old, and may very well be a cockerel.
This was my thought, also. I was expecting age to be stated as 3-4ish months, that what it appears to me. Can we get a better profile pic so we can see the saddle feather area?

Back
Top Bottom