Gender on Stray Chicken?

Quote:
A lot of you guys probably totally disagree with me but I don't believe in the whole separating thing...
hmm.png
I dusted her with DE and she seems totally healthy.......

How can you not believe in it, she could be visibly healthy, but she could be carrying disease from where she came from, i made this mistake once, and my show quality hens i'd payed around $45 each for, all got sick.

Glad to see someone mentioned quarantine... If you dont believe in it, you must have missed purple chickens video about having to cull his ENTIRE flock from one sick bird who also seemed healthy. I really hope it doesnt come back to bite you in the rear, but you said it was a stray, it could have anything. Worms, Mites, Respitory diseases, could be carrying anything, and a stray you have no attatchment to vs the rest of your flock....

If they don't believe in it, they don't believe in it. You can't change someone's mind for them and everyone is entitled to raise their own birds according to how they wish.

Quote:
True, and everyone is entitled to supply their opinions to the contrary, and their reasons. Whether DuckFanatic listens or not, nobody wants to see him/her lose his/her birds to something preventable

True, but I have a feeling he/she knows the consequences. Being rapped over the head repeatedly could do more harm than good.

Again, it's their decision how they raise their flock.

Back
Top Bottom