Gender?...Truly Stumped! 12 weeks old

Keep in mind that if you keep the 'timid' or nice one... once the other two are gone, his personality could change because the flock dynamic has changed.

In all reality, if your not planning on breeding you really don't need a cockerel/rooster at all.
This is really good to know! I wouldn't have ever thought of that. The other 2 seem to stay away from him and not even challenge him....which is strange to me because he's the least aggressive but maybe they sense his dominance?

This is really good to know! I wouldn't have ever thought of that. The other 2 seem to stay away from him and not even challenge him....which is strange to me because he's the least aggressive but maybe they sense his dominance?

its just as likely that he's the dominant one, that he's established his dominance young, and maybe he's flogged the other two when you weren't around to see.

eta: also.... if you keep him and lose the other two, he may decide that once that threat to his dominance is gone, that you're the new threat to it. You have to be very careful with flock dynamics and especially with young cockerels.

its just as likely that he's the dominant one, that he's established his dominance young, and maybe he's flogged the other two when you weren't around to see.

eta: also.... if you keep him and lose the other two, he may decide that once that threat to his dominance is gone, that you're the new threat to it. You have to be very careful with flock dynamics and especially with young cockerels.
What is your suggestion? Should I just rehome all 3?

the barred one is a Dominique, the gray and rust is probably an EE and the last one is a Columbian something. What type of come? if rose, then she's a Columbian Wyandotte.
My goodness....I have so much to learn. I absolutely love it! Here is her comb...best I could get.
20190906_115737.jpg
Screenshot_2019-09-06-11-58-41.png

Back
Top Bottom