The bird from what I can tell if bantam, Brahma and Easter eggs mix. I'll definitely give an update. Even if it's a boy this is 1 of the most affectionate chickens I've met.

My white chicken was humped/mounted by a other male before.
That's common and it's a dominance display. I even had pullets mount other pullets!

Then why did they say that thr vent was of a female?
WHO... told you they can vent check a chicken at (was it) 10-12 weeks old? Do they work for a hatchery? Are they avian trained veterinarians? I think they are BS-er's! :confused: BUT... if they have a technique we don't know about... PLEASE share details?? :cool:

Even if it's a boy this is 1 of the most affectionate chickens I've met.
Also typical cockerel behavior! :love Until mating hormones start kicking in. Then *some* (not all) of the sweetest, most adorable, handsome boys can become the infatuated keepers biggest nightmare... as they have no fear or respect of said keepers' personal space and their raging teenage hormones over ride their brains capacity to make good decisions. :smack

Actually... I don't think your BOY is sporting his saddle feathers yet or they are but your pics are dark. They should start to come in in the next few weeks though. Also, the way the saddle already lays kinda flat around the tail instead of being a nice "hen bump" is a strong indicator. Hope I'm wrong! :fl

Please ad your general location to your profile so peeps can make their best suggestions possible at a glance. And maybe know if giving your boy a home is a possibility for them. ;)

ETA: Happy 19th! :ya

The hen so far is very good. My family member used to work as vet tech. But not much experience with birds. The outcome of the personality if a roo is the determining factor. Most likely I wont get rid of em. I need a too anyways. Just lost a hen i held so dear to me. Feels like I have the same bond with this bird. I have experience in raising chickens Just not much in sexing.
That's common and it's a dominance display. I even had pullets mount other pullets!

WHO... told you they can vent check a chicken at (was it) 10-12 weeks old? Do they work for a hatchery? Are they avian trained veterinarians? I think they are BS-er's! :confused: BUT... if they have a technique we don't know about... PLEASE share details?? :cool:

Also typical cockerel behavior! :love Until mating hormones start kicking in. Then *some* (not all) of the sweetest, most adorable, handsome boys can become the infatuated keepers biggest nightmare... as they have no fear or respect of said keepers' personal space and their raging teenage hormones over ride their brains capacity to make good decisions. :smack

Actually... I don't think your BOY is sporting his saddle feathers yet or they are but your pics are dark. They should start to come in in the next few weeks though. Also, the way the saddle already lays kinda flat around the tail instead of being a nice "hen bump" is a strong indicator. Hope I'm wrong! :fl

Please ad your general location to your profile so peeps can make their best suggestions possible at a glance. And maybe know if giving your boy a home is a possibility for them. ;)

It's certainly a small comb for that age of cockerel but also intensely red for that age of Pullet. I'm not sold on this one but am leaning cockerel. Curious to see more pics over the next couple weeks of this one.

The hen I held so close to me was a guinea hen.
Her name was lilac. She passed away before her 3rd birthday.
It was 4 days before her birthday when she had a massive heart attack in my arms.
IMG_5463.JPG

Sorry for your loss. :(

I always like to ask if you wanna share a pic in honor of her memory? :hugs

I will make sure to post pictures weekly or daily of this cutie. She/he is so cuddly.
Good news!
Talked to my family. I may be able to keep her, if she turns out to be rooster. :D
It's certainly a small comb for that age of cockerel but also intensely red for that age of Pullet. I'm not sold on this one but am leaning cockerel. Curious to see more pics over the next couple weeks of this one.

Back
Top Bottom