Gender?

Really? I always thought the boys combs were more red and the girls were more pink? I’m always learning some thing new about these chickens on here lol
A girls would be a pale peachy color, but you can update your previous EE in about 3 weeks from now.

Our neighbo
where did you get them?

The comb on the black one is unique. It looks like it might be a buttercup comb. There is a breed: Sicilian Buttercup with that comb type, but I think that breed isn't black (not sure). Could it be a cross?

Otherwise, the other two birds on the pic together look more female - not much comb color or growth. The lighter colored one in the forefront has rounded feathering, but pointed saddle feathers won't be making an appearance yet. Some comb color, but some females get some color at this stage. The one in the back is harder to see, so I'm not sure on gender for that one. Could that one be Araucana (based on large cheek tufts and not much tail as Araucana are tail-less)? However, Araucana have pea combs, and I can't tell comb type as well on that one. I've also never had and Araucana, so no experience with that breed.
Our neighbor gave us 4 eggs to hatch and those are 3 of them and I posted a pic below this of the 4th that I’m almost positive is a rooster as well. I honestly don’t know what I kind they are I know they have olive egger in some of them but that’s it.

Attachments

• 95AC723F-55B8-4160-8C27-CD3969127560.jpeg
    95AC723F-55B8-4160-8C27-CD3969127560.jpeg
    438.3 KB · Views: 2
Our neighbo

Our neighbor gave us 4 eggs to hatch and those are 3 of them and I posted a pic below this of the 4th that I’m almost positive is a rooster as well. I honestly don’t know what I kind they are I know they have olive egger in some of them but that’s it.
That's definitely a cockerel.

Our neighbo

This 4th one is a male most likely. A LOT of wattle growth in addition to good sized comb and color.

Back
Top Bottom