Gender?

FoxFamilyFarms

Hatching
Apr 30, 2021
image.jpg
image.jpg
I’m trying to figure out the gender of my ducks, any help would be greatly appreciated, I did the best I could with pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 5
What breed are they and how old are they?
I see they are pretty much fully feathered and look pretty similar other than shade and looks like one or two have a different colored bill. With most of the breeds I’m familiar with that have coloring similar to yours, these all seem like they are female.

I was told when I purchased them they were Rouen, they are about 9-10 weeks, if they are all female that is wonderful! I have never had ducks before just chickens, this is a new fun experience for me! Thank you!!

I was told when I purchased them they were Rouen, they are about 9-10 weeks, if they are all female that is wonderful! I have never had ducks before just chickens, this is a new fun experience for me! Thank you!!
Yep then they should all be female. The drakes should get more solid grey looking bodies and glossy green heads as the female should be a dappled brown with the darker face stripes

Drakes do not get their breeding plumage yet so they all start out looking like girls. I believe I can see several drakes in your group. To spot the boys, watch for really orange legs, dark, solid colored feathers above the tail, and still making a peeping sound or a raspy one. The girls will have less orange legs, two-toned feathers above the tail and will make the loud, distinct quack.

Wonderful thank you! I was hoping for 1 drake lol
Lol it’s always when you want one you don’t get one. I got seven kahkis last year hoped they were all female, and only three were. Bought 13 almost laying age pekins months before then, and only three ended up being female.

you may check out local threads at the where am I where are you section or the buying and selling section, maybe some one will have a Rouen drake around the same age as your girls?

Back
Top Bottom