Gender?

Congrats on your girls’ first eggs! :yesss:Your Olive Egger is beautiful. Very Welsummer in coloring, and I love her little tuft!

Do you happen to have any pictures of your Cuckoo Maran’s eggs? I’m curious how dark they get.
Hers aren’t much darker than than the RIR but they are XL. I was talking to her after her first egg asking if she was ok. Her first egg was a whopper. I still have it because I blew it out. It also is shiny 🤷‍♀️.

Attachments

• IMG_0781.jpeg
    IMG_0781.jpeg
    410.5 KB · Views: 5
Hers aren’t much darker than than the RIR but they are XL. I was talking to her after her first egg asking if she was ok. Her first egg was a whopper. I still have it because I blew it out. It also is shiny 🤷‍♀️.
Thank you! That is one mammoth egg to lay, poor thing! It does just look like a medium brown, though the shininess is really nice!

I saw a blog post by a woman who found a line of Cuckoo Marans that laid really dark eggs, but I’m sure my hatchery quality birds won’t lay anything darker than yours.

Thank you! That is one mammoth egg to lay, poor thing! It does just look like a medium brown, though the shininess is really nice!

I saw a blog post by a woman who found a line of Cuckoo Marans that laid really dark eggs, but I’m sure my hatchery quality birds won’t lay anything darker than yours.
Mine came from a local hatchery. I picked it up because I liked the coloring. Wast till later I found out it was a possibility of dark eggs. I would have loved chocolate brown, I’m happy either way.

Mine came from a local hatchery. I picked it up because I liked the coloring. Wast till later I found out it was a possibility of dark eggs. I would have loved chocolate brown, I’m happy either way.
I chose mine for the fact that they were autosexing so I could be assured they were pullets, but I absolutely fell in love with the cuckoo pattern, it’s beautiful!

Is your Cuckoo Marans as much of a ditz as mine is? Mine is always going the wrong direction and getting separated from the flock, and then she’ll come hopping after them in the most graceless way imaginable. She even did a somersault yesterday when she hopped off my hand, but didn’t stick the landing and went careening off into the forest 😂

I chose mine for the fact that they were autosexing so I could be assured they were pullets, but I absolutely fell in love with the cuckoo pattern, it’s beautiful!

Is your Cuckoo Marans as much of a ditz as mine is? Mine is always going the wrong direction and getting separated from the flock, and then she’ll come hopping after them in the most graceless way imaginable. She even did a somersault yesterday when she hopped off my hand, but didn’t stick the landing and went careening off into the forest 😂
Mine definitely has a few screws loose😂. But is the best bug catcher.

Back
Top Bottom