?Genders at 8 weeks: Followup on Wyandottes, Marans, Brahmas

swirler

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 16, 2011
Original thread is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...nch-wheaten-marans-partridge-and-buff-brahmas Eight weeks now, and we culled the five boyiest boys, which did all turn out to be boys. I've got a new set of photos up at my flickr account (for some reason BYC isn't showing me the full interface so I can add photos here). http://www.flickr.com/photos/27653936@N00/sets/72157631931522128/with/8156453193/ One of those Brahmas is a very obvious boy, so I'm hoping the other one with the lovely delicate feather colouring is a girl. The Wyandottes I still can't quite pick, though I'm leaning a bit now. The partridge Brahmas I have no clue. Would love a few opinions!

[update - got images working - see comment below.]

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I am getting all of them with your photo set up.

I see one rooster. He is the splotchy chick (males will be splotchy, hens have colors that run smoothly together) He is standing on the board, and the photo is labeled maranbrahma

There is also a pullet on the wyandottesmaran photo page, she is standing behind the red chick.

On the partridgemaran photo you have a pair (male in back) of partridge brahmas.

Thanks very much for looking at the photos, and for your input. I was really hoping for a Brahma pullet or two, so that's hopeful! I think I see what you mean about that splotchiness now.

Trying a different browser now, and the image tools have showed up!

(For some reason BYC is just not playing well with Firefox right now. Gah.)

Some of the red hens squat down a bit when they're wary of me (and the camera). They're running about and scratching and feeding quite happily when I'm at a distance.

I see one roo...The one in the back of the first pic. there may be more but that is the one I am almost sure of
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom