Gener question...twelve week old bantams...

laura g

Hatching
11 Years
Aug 11, 2008
Hi everyone....

i am both new to this forum and new to chickens!! I have two Bantam's, got them at two weeks (one two days older then the other).... They are now twelve weeks and the eldest has almost gone backwards in development, she still has a pinky comb but has feathery legs. The youngest is now double the size and is very red with a comb growing by the day.... My thoughts are that the younger one is a Rooster, however (just to confuse me even more!!) she tweets away and lets me pick her up and prod her and is very tame, the other older one makes very deep long noises (attempting to crow I think) and is very fiesty, she runs a mile when I'm around-even when there is food!!!

sorry for long winded question-will try and send some pics over soon!!

I know people ask these questions a lot but any thoughts would be most helpful!!!

Thanks for reading!

Laura xx
yippiechickie.gif

Well.... some people are able to tell right away.. but honestly I always waited for an egg, or a crow :]

seems like half the time when i was SURE that that little comb and wattles would be a pullet.. and it would be the king of the roost...... hahaha... or the biggest big there huge wattles would be a pullet :hmm...... my luck xD

Some pics would be really helpful. The different bantam breeds develop at different rates, just like standard chickens do
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom