1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

General Peek must leave.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by wormy270, Oct 6, 2009.

1. wormy270

wormy270 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2009
    I love my Roo, General Peck, but my wife doesent. He wakes my wife every morning at 6AM. So... General Peck must leave, and soon, or I will have to leave with him.LOL

Are there any tricks to get roos to be quite. Maybe turning the lights on in the hen house. Or maybe playing the radio in the hen house. Any ideas Im sure General Peck would appreciate.

2. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    We never hear our roo in the morning. I run a fan in the bedroom. Works great. I also don't hear the neighbors dogs that bark all night either.

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:This is exactly what I do too and have never heard any of my roosters in the morning! Lenny starts at 5 a.m. every morning (I know this because I have to get up with the dog) with his shrill bantam crow and the others start about 6 a.m. I have never heard them crowing, not one time. Try the fan! It does work. [​IMG]

4. txredneckmedic

txredneckmedic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    My roo greets me at I leave to work every morning botu 5:50 or so. Doesnt wake up my girls whos room is right next to the chicken coop.

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Yeah...when I visit my mother (who has about a bazillion dogs), I always sleep in the room with the air cleaner machine thingy (lol). I never hear the dogs barking. Just find some kind of device that creates background sound.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by