Generic Ipods

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by perolane, Nov 10, 2011.

1. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Does anyone have a generic version of the Apple Ipod to recommend??

Granddaughter wants one for Christmas, but I think that's just too much for a 7 year old. [​IMG]
    The features she wants are touch screen, games, voice record, & of course music.

There are so many different kinds & I'm just lost! [​IMG]

2. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    watch 1saleaday.com they usually have ipods and mp3 players for under 50 dollars [​IMG]

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    My room mate had a zune and it was pretty good. Usually cheaper, although similar, to ipods.

4. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Amery, WI WI/MN border
    shadowpaints: How often do they post them? I've never heard of that site-do they jsut have one item per day for sale? Im considering one for my 12 yr old for xmas as well-a lot of $ for an ipod touch for a 12 yr old

5. Bama chick

Bama chick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2007
    Huntsville, Alabama
    I bought a refurbished IPOD from the Apple web site about 4 years ago and it is still working fine. It was about 1/2 the price if a new one.

Lisa

6. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    We have gone through 4 generic Ipod type devices and they all were CRAP. My kids are on their 2nd year with Ipod shuffles and they are still going strong. I ENFORCE they keep the covers on to protect them and told them they would not be replaced if they lost them (they guard them with their life, LOL). I am upgrading them to the touch this year because that is the only gift they want and the features are awesome, I just hope they realize they are only opening ONE gift from us this year [​IMG] I see Walmart is offering free accessories with their touches this week for 189.00 I may just order them now while they are still in stock.. Check into the refurbished option that may be a good solution to cost. I also have seen several on Craigslist of the older models that people sell pretty cheap. I forgot to mention our in-laws are going halves with us, what about splitting the cost with the parents or the other set of Grandparents.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  7. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Gamestop is now selling used ones, they are refurbished (sp?)

8. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the replies everyone! WalMart online has some kind of "bundle" sale...Ipod & accessories for $189 & grandpa is determined to get it. [​IMG]

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just so you know, there is a SanDisk touch screen MP3 player on dailydeals for $30. It actually looks like a pretty good one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by