Genesis Hova-Bator vs Brower Top Hatch

Frozen Feathers

Songster
12 Years
May 4, 2007
Maine
Help me decide, please! I have read a bit about both on line, but would some to hear the experiences of you hatch-aholics out there.
tongue.png

If you have (or have had) either or both tell me your experiences, pros and cons, etc.
Thanks in advance!
big_smile.png

I don't know much about the brower. I do have 3 of the 1588's and I wouldn't trade them for anything else in this class.

The 1588 and a turner, purchased direct from GQF, is about $168 plus shipping. GQF has excellent customer service.

hoba
-foam,
-some models have forced air,
-egg turner extra
regulates tem ok
regulates hum ok
more quiet
more space/wide load

tophatch
plastic
diswasher safe.
uses light bulb ..need to buy extra bulbes in case
turner incluced
-noisy (noise will make you go crazy)
hatch chicks directly inside, just turn off turner
smaller/compact

both are ok units and are equally but I would use hoba to incubate and tophatch to hatch seperately..

Last edited:
Quote:
I wanted to ask, since ducks and geese need different temps then chickens, the 1588 thermostat must be adjustable somehow. Is it easy to adjust?

They do not need different temps.

Ducks and Geese needed higher humidity.

Ducks, geese, Chickens, Guineas, Quail, Pheasant, Peafowl, Emu (I know I am leaving some out) - all need 99.5 in a forced air bator.

If for some reason you did need to adjust it, yes, it adjusts by half degrees.

I don't have personal experience using either of these incubators (yet), but I just bought the Genesis and the deal breaker for me was size. I can fit a lot more eggs in the Genesis than in the Brower. Honestly, the Genesis is too small for our needs, but I just wasn't ready to buy the Sportsman just yet. I just loaded it for the first time today, so we'll see how it goes!!

Quote:
That's good information to know! I always thought ducks and geese needed a higher temp, maybe for a still air? I don't know how that information got in my head.
idunno.gif

Thanks Crunchie for your input! So far looks like three votes for the Genesis.

I like the idea of plug in and go, I can't stand this wafer thermostat. My DD can adjust it too easily and has roasted more then a few eggs, despite getting in trouble for doing so.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom