Genesis or Octagon?

Well it sounds like either one is gonna do the trick for me, I think I'm gonna go with the Genesis because of the capacity, I have several breeds and projects I'm going to be working with so I will definatly need the space. Thank-you everyone for the input!!
smile.png

I've had several types of incubators and now own 2 genesis I LOVE THEM and won't use anything else. FANTASTIC hatch rates better than I ever had. I never even bother opening it to add water just use a straw thru the hole with a syringe and leave it be only open it to candle them. Easy to clean also since the plastic tray comes out. I just lay all the bottom in a tub of sudsy water wash and rinse wipe out the top and I'm back in business. You will love it! Temps stay right on the money,

Quote:
If you had a hoavbator you would only need one instead of two. Thanks for the idea. I'm going to make a fill port in my hovabator to keep the humidity right without opening it.

Yes and you can go "chicken Fishing" in the Hove..... I don't think that is possible in the Brinsea. (fish stuff down the hole) and fuss with the babies without taking them out... move eggies around with a wire from the vent holes....
jumpy.gif

Both have their benefits and it's really about brand loyalty and individual preferences at the end of the day. I have both and love both

I went with the cheaper brinsea--the eco 20, mainly because I was told the other one is digital , and if you have a power outage, it shuts off. If that happens and you are not around to reset it, you lost that hatch. With the eco 20, as soon as the power comes back on, it goes back up to temp. Say your power blinks at 2 am, is out for 5 minutes. and you dont' realize it until 9 am the next morning... Your eggs would be cold.

Back
Top Bottom