Mar 10, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama
Hi I was wondering what color this chick is. It is a cochin chick

24655_img_2446.jpg

24655_img_2443.jpg

Thanks!!

Quote:
That's what I thought too.

I have two Cochin chicks the exact same color that were thrown by Columbian parents.
smile.png

I'll get some pictures up later today for you - mine are 2 months old now, and both cockerels.
roll.png
They've been molting more and more of the partridge colored feathers out, and are getting more white feathers in.

Last edited by a moderator:
clap.gif
Ok great---I would LOVE to see pictures of them. So you may have answered what color the parents were too!! I do have a pair of columbian cochins but my birchens are in the pen too. So I don't know exactly where he/she came from.

I cant wait to see pics!!

Last edited:
A true coloumbian shouldnt be that dard and have that much color and a silver partridge shouldnt be that light. To me it looks more like what you would get when you cross Columbians with laced or partridge birds.

Quote:
Yep - I don't think it's genetically a "Silver Partridge" - it's silvery and partridgey-patterned though, so I'm throwing it around as a descriptive term!
smile.png

Here's one of mine at 5 weeks old (I couldn't find any earlier pictures):
CochinChicks5Weeks016.jpg

...and today, at 9 weeks old (a little dirty - it's really wet and rainy here today!):
SilverPartridge004.jpg

SilverPartridge007.jpg

I think they're going to be just stunning! I'm holding onto both of them, and keeping them in my bachelor pen.
smile.png

Thanks so much for posting the pictures!! I guess this is a recessive color to the columbian color. I think mine is a girl but she is young yet so I cant be sure. Too bad you arent closer!!

Back
Top Bottom