Genetic peafowl

Yes, you will get very white 'pied' ... maybe too white.
The silver pied eraser 'genes' will work ...!
Problems ... most eyes will be white!
Here in Blue color ....
césar.jpg

Australian reverse pied ... very white ... but with colored eyes !

reverse pied.jpg

Since SP will have two WE genes the eyes will be white and splotchy looking, not the nice round dot of WE. I like the BSSP best as it will have more color and will enhance the train and body. Spaulding SP is also one of my favorites but too much white does not leave much contrast. All of my photos are of my birds, not poached off of the internet.
IMG_2243.JPG
IMG_2273.JPG
IMG_2333.JPG
IMG_2344.JPG

Yes, you will get very white 'pied' ... maybe too white.
The silver pied eraser 'genes' will work ...!
Problems ... most eyes will be white!
Here in Blue color ....
View attachment 2473639

Australian reverse pied ... very white ... but with colored eyes !

View attachment 2473646

To avoid the white eyes, what would you advise to use instead of the silver pied to get whiter pied ? Thank you for your help

Since SP will have two WE genes the eyes will be white and splotchy looking, not the nice round dot of WE. I like the BSSP best as it will have more color and will enhance the train and body. Spaulding SP is also one of my favorites but too much white does not leave much contrast. All of my photos are of my birds, not poached off of the internet.View attachment 2473666View attachment 2473670View attachment 2473674View attachment 2473675thank you for your interesting answer, but my question is to know how to get IB pied whiter than the traditional pied, who only has a few white feathers and a few white spots on its back. Thanks!

You'd have to breed birds with more white on them together to begin with. "Pied" is more of a spectrum than any of the other patterns and you won't get Pieds with lots of white from pieds with only a little white.

I am a bit confused with your term 'whiter'. If you mean more white on them then you need to do as Josh said and breed Pieds with more white together for a few generations, think snowflakes. One of the most brilliant whites I have seen was an SP hen I had a few years ago that had a lot of Spaulding in her. To this day I am not sure what made her so brilliant but she was really bright even contrasting to the light silver color she carried.

Back
Top Bottom