Genetics of a calico princess

When Hoover's sapphire gems started coming out with the gold/red leakage it was because they used the CP as the mother side of their SG line.

You have them?
When did you get them?
I got 2 from Shiptons last year on a whim because their sign said they were sexlinks and I needed guaranteed girls to balance my "pullets" (actually turned into pullets) and my straight run (surprise surprise, both boys) I was already getting.

I lost one a few days afterwards (the thing was giant though, most likely in a bad way).

I was told they were sexlinks and that the males are a different shade than the females, not because of the barring. I could be wrong though, Hoover's isn't my favorite hatchery information-wise.
Females certainly Vary in color, & pattern. Some look like red Sex-links but with some faded barring.

I've been searching for pictures of calico princess roosters, but can't find any.

Outwardly, many of them appear buff/red columbian with barring, but they probably have other hidden genetics as well since they’re mixed.
Probably some Leghorn, or White Rock too, found some with white in the tail feathers.
Screenshot_20210809-105737_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom