Genetics of a calico princess

What color is the mix you bred her to?
Blue with gold leakage.
20210509_082207.jpg

Here's the daughter.
20210627_095107.jpg

I forgot, I don't have a picture of him somehow, she had a stunning barred son with a pheonix male too. I'll have to get a picture of him soon. He didn't have a head spot as a ch ick though, just a chipmunk pattern.

Blue with gold leakage.
View attachment 2791514
Here's the daughter.
View attachment 2791512
I forgot, I don't have a picture of him somehow, she had a stunning barred son with a pheonix male too. I'll have to get a picture of him soon. He didn't have a head spot as a ch ick though, just a chipmunk pattern.
The chick with the blue is actually a full sibling to the barred son the CP had, the blue didn't hatch her eggs, so I gave her a pipped CP egg instead. But that's how the son lookerbas a chick

Then where is it coming from? I know for a fact that these are her eggs and those males are the only ones she's had contact with
You bred a calico princess to a blue with gold leakage and produced a blue with copper leakage and you're asking where the chicks color came from if not from the CP mom?
@Overo Mare help this one.

You bred a calico princess to a blue with gold leakage and produced a blue with copper leakage and you're asking where the chicks color came from if not from the CP mom?
@Overo Mare help this one.
Yes. She was the only brown egg layer when my hen hatched and when the barred male hatched, she's the only one that lays eggs that size and shade. That's how I'm certain they came from her.

Back
Top Bottom