Genetics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chic Chick, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Chic Chick

Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    East Central Alberta
    Could someone please tell me which are good books pertaining to chickens genetics? I've been looking through my sons old university ag papers and books and can't find anything. I don't need on care etc, just genetics.
    Any help is much appreciated

2. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    I have Genetics of the Fowl by Hutt. It's kinda old, but still pretty dang good. You just have to do some outside research to correct the terms and such. There's another one by Campbell, but it's pretty expensive. There's also a really fabulous website. I don't know the link, but I'm sure someone else here will know it.

3. Chic Chick

Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    East Central Alberta
    Where's the smiley for embarrasment and stupidity? Sorry for not checking further into the posts or using the search. I still don't know much about computers and I'm a newbie at all this with forums. It's still good to see I'm not the only idiot...lol
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    No problem..happy to help. [​IMG] I hope those posts have something you'll find useful. If not, dig deeper. But most of the good books should be there.

5. blackdotte

blackdotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Have a look at this web page, chickencolours.com click on take a look.
    This book is photo rich & easy reading
    David

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by