Geocachers on BYC! Muggles welcome

Oct 26, 2020
Hi, BYCers!

For muggles reading this thread~
Geocaching is an outdoor, real-life treasure hunt. Using GPS devices, participants venture out to a specific set of coordinates in an attempt to find a hidden container known as a geocache. These geocaches may be located anywhere — from deep in the woods to hidden in urban centers.

I am a Geocacher!

Questions~

How many find do you have?

Do you have a signature swag?

What is your favorite cache type?

How long have you been geocaching?

What is your favorite geocache you have been to?

:)

nuthatched

Fishin' for Chickens
Nov 9, 2019
Rim Country, Az
I used to geocache all the time, I had a team, and over 300 finds, including the first geocache on Oregon, but my team broke up as people moved away.
My favorite one was one in a boulder canyon, you had to find it visually (40 yards from boulder thst looks like a frog..etc) since GPS isn't great in rocks. The end was a giant 4 foot across spider (from halloween) straddling a box in a small cave.

Oct 26, 2020
I used to geocache all the time, I had a team, and over 300 finds, including the first geocache on Oregon, but my team broke up as people moved away.
My favorite one was one in a boulder canyon, you had to find it visually (40 yards from boulder thst looks like a frog..etc) since GPS isn't great in rocks. The end was a giant 4 foot across spider (from halloween) straddling a box in a small cave.
300 finds! I love Geocaching with a team. That geocache sounds very interesting! Do you have any signature swag that you put in caches?

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
I've read a lot about geocaching, and I'd LOVE to try it, but haven't had time to do it. I'm too intimidated to join, as well, if I'm being honest :lol: I think that if I were to leave signature swag, I'd make a bunch of these:
1606701132646.png

in different colors.

Oct 26, 2020
I've read a lot about geocaching, and I'd LOVE to try it, but haven't had time to do it. I'm too intimidated to join, as well, if I'm being honest :lol: I think that if I were to leave signature swag, I'd make a bunch of these:
View attachment 2430525
in different colors.
@black_cat When you have time, you need to try geocaching! It is difficult but very fun.
Lovely SS idea. Do you crochet?

nuthatched

Fishin' for Chickens
Nov 9, 2019
Rim Country, Az
300 finds! I love Geocaching with a team. That geocache sounds very interesting! Do you have any signature swag that you put in caches?
I don't, though I'm planning on picking it back up again, I think I'll buy strings of fancy, large beads and make single bead bracelets.
We used to have a cacher in the area who would leave tiny origami critters. I still have a frog.

Oct 26, 2020
I don't, though I'm planning on picking it back up again, I think I'll buy strings of fancy, large beads and make single bead bracelets.
We used to have a cacher in the area who would leave tiny origami critters. I still have a frog.
Lovely! Origami is very interesting. I love the frog origami swag.

Oct 26, 2020
I don't know how much time I'll have this winter, but I might try to get into it this summer.
I do! I really enjoy it. Yarn is so fun!
geocaching is very fun in sunny weather. Summer would be fine!
I crochet. It is very fun to crochet skeins of yarn into blankets, hats, and chickens!

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
geocaching is very fun in sunny weather. Summer would be fine!
I crochet. It is very fun to crochet skeins of yarn into blankets, hats, and chickens!
Guess what I made.....
crochet chicken.jpg

Leaving these would be fun but somehow I don't think that as many people would like them :lol: And they take sooo much more effort to make.

Top Bottom