George Connor Rest in Peace

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by KsKingBee, Jul 18, 2016.

1. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

The Peaworld has lost a pillar with the passing of George Connor. George brought the UPA from a small group of peafowl lovers to an international association. He is also the creator of the Violetta color. Rest in Peace and thank you George.

3 people like this.
  2. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Rest in peace George Connor. I hope it was a peaceful passing, may you rest in peace, and find happiness in the next life. The peafowl world will never be the same without you.

2 people like this.
  3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    RIP George Conner, you will be missed.

-Kathy

4. DylansMom

DylansMom RIP 1969-2017

Jan 10, 2014
    PA
    Oh no, I had been trying to reach George for a couple of weeks, but could not, then he sent me a response that he was in hospital recuperating. I thought he had taken a fall or had some other injury. We talked about the violettas a little, I managed to hatch 3 of them, 2 wild type and 1 BS.

Rest in peace George we will always be thankful to you for sharing your Beautiful Violettas Fandango, Iris, and Lily. :(

4 people like this.
  5. AnimalsRmyLife

AnimalsRmyLife Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2013
    Idaho
    Rest in peace George Connor. Thank you for everything you have done for the Peafowl world. We will never forget your contributions.

6. barkerg

barkerg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2015
    Salado, Texas
    A huge void in the pea world, take care brother,[​IMG][​IMG].

Gerald Barker

1 person likes this.
  7. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    A very sad loss for his family and for us in the peafowl world. I pray that he may rest in peace and his family find closure. George was a welcome friend in our community and we shall all miss him a lot.

1 person likes this.
  8. frenchblackcopper

frenchblackcopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    East central Illinois
    I'm so glad now last October while in Mo that I took a day and drove to see George and all his birds. A person with insight and a knowledgebase about peafowl none of us has. We spoke several times during the years and sometimes it was just George calling me to ask how things was going in Illinois. I still have your cell number in my phone George,,and it will stay there. Such a loss but your at peace and no longer in pain my friend,,,fly high and far and free now. Randall Lauterbach

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    2 people like this.
  9. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

RIP George Connor [​IMG]

10. Midnightman14

Midnightman14 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2016
    Wherever he is now I hope he has plenty of peafowl to keep him company.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by