Georgia Here Too !!!!!

Hi, I am from SE Georgia. I am looking to get into raising a few hens for eggs and general fun/homesteading/trying my hand at livestock. I am looking for a couple of hens, preferably pullets, to start. In my perfect world, I would be able to buy one black australorp pullet and one barred rock pullet, however, I am practical and would consider any breed pullet that anyone in the vicinity of Savannah (less than 100 miles) has available for sale.

Or, if anyone could give me some regional sales advice, that would also be appreciated.

Hi, I am from SE Georgia.  I am looking to get into raising a few hens for eggs and general fun/homesteading/trying my hand at livestock.  I am looking for a couple of hens, preferably pullets, to start.  In my perfect world, I would be able to buy one black australorp pullet and one barred rock pullet, however, I am practical and would consider any breed pullet that anyone in the vicinity of Savannah (less than 100 miles) has available for sale. 

Or, if anyone could give me some regional sales advice, that would also be appreciated.

Come join this thread. Is where all the action is. :D
www.backyardchickens.com/t/121387/yo-georgians/5130#post_11951148

I am preparing a giant coop (14' x 20') it is an old metal building I am going to convert. I would like to raise different breeds for laying, meat, as well as quails. My question is, can I house them together but separated by wire dividers? I intend on having 3-4 separated areas inside the coop as well as outside wired in runs that are also separated. Any advice and or suggestions of breeds? I live in Middle Georgia in Marshallville.

I am preparing a giant coop (14' x 20') it is an old metal building I am going to convert.  I would like to raise different breeds for laying, meat, as well as quails.  My question is, can I house them together but separated by wire dividers?  I intend on having 3-4 separated areas inside the coop as well as outside wired in runs that are also separated.  Any advice and or suggestions of breeds?  I live in Middle Georgia in Marshallville.

Back
Top Bottom