German New Hampshire

I'm very impressed with the beautiful color of these birds. I wonder if they ever mix these to the regular American New Hamp. I have 5 regular coming from Sandhill and wonder what the different color is. Thoughts?
pop.gif

I know someone who started his line that way, they look really nice.

I'm very impressed with the beautiful color of these birds. I wonder if they ever mix these to the regular American New Hamp. I have 5 regular coming from Sandhill and wonder what the different color is. Thoughts?
pop.gif

I have one half American cockerel, and he is a few shades darker than my German line birds. Not sure if that is the norm or not. I had heard that the German line was considered to be lighter than standard calls for. The my German birds are considerably larger than the crossed line bird I have...

Just have to say, I just picked up my eggs from the P.O. that tigercreek sent. Best packaging I've seen in a while and they were all well marked as to which pens they came from. Thank a lot for the eggs sir.

Thought I would share some pics taken a few days ago. I have two leghorn/NH Moms raising my third hatch this season. Gave them each 9 chicks that I hatched and somehow one has 5 and the other has 13
idunno.gif
The chicks are not quite a week old here and are being raised in the community layer flock.

Thought I would share some pics taken a few days ago. I have two leghorn/NH Moms raising my third hatch this season. Gave them each 9 chicks that I hatched and somehow one has 5 and the other has 13 :idunno The chicks are not quite a week old here and are being raised in the community layer flock.
Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing!!

Love the crate idea for chick food and water. Never thought of that. Thanks! Nice pic's too!

I got some this spring, as chicks from XW Poultry, Jeremy/Jwhip. Apparently, some are German, some are F1 crosses and maybe one pullet that is straight GSNH? American?

How do I tell the difference? They are not toe punched or banded, so have not a clue which are which. They are days old today. Is there a way to tell who are who?

I am new to this breed and have read a good part of this thread, since this was a surprise, in with my other order from Jeremy, so am trying to learn about the breed on the fly here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom