German New Hampshire

Quote:
I have some culls........... for example........ (tail angle and tail break)
The tails on my females are already high enough. I sure do not want them any higher.

31282_11-24-2011m133.jpg

Last edited:
there are thing i like about both roos

the last roo has exalant body sadle and tail but is lacking the blade on his comb and his comb points are not deep

the first roo body and stance is hard to see tail is carryed at to high of an angel but has great head and comb has nice blade and points it may just be the shade but he also appers to have better color

I like him too Kathy and i remember him.All my new hamps are doing great and laying. The last two young roos are out of that rooster and seem to have better tails than the older roos. But the older ones seem to have better body type. But the young ones are still growing.

Quote:
Out of 100 points, the comb is worth 5. The back is 12, and tail is 8.
Color has 27 points, shape has 73.
I pay no attention to the comb, actually.
Point deductions for the comb are insignificant to me.....
Texture - ½ - 1 pt.
Frozen - ½ - 1 pt.
Points (more or less than required) - ½ pt.
Twisted - ½ - 1 pt.
Thumb mark - 1 - 2 pts.

Last edited:
Kathy, I like the body of the first rooster, but like you said the tail is too high, but the body of the second rooster is all compacted together. What is easier to correct the tail or the body? And also whatever happened to your Barred Plymouth Rock/New Hampshire cross project you had going? Any chance I can see some pictures of the crossing? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom