German New Hampshire

She's a little beauty.....
love.gif
love her name!

Well, I received 8 eggs from Banjo in my first 6+ buy - it - now. On day 14, one of the eggs were clear. Put them into lock down Tuesday evening and this morning I have 3 babies out and 3 more pipped already. Seems like this is going to be another pretty good hatch. These weren't due till tomorrow but I set them in incubator at 1 AM so maybe I just have that a little mixed up. I should start setting my eggs at a certain time then I won't be getting so mixed up. lol Anyway, I will be posting at the end of this hatch on how many I get out of the 7 that I put into lock down.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
I have 9 in the second group that go into lock down next week. And now there are 4. Photo is of the 4th one coming out. First time I've use the egg carton to hatch in and I think I like it. Sure makes for less mess.

Last edited:
Jim,

If you keep hatching eggs like this I’ll never get caught up to you….lol!!

I took a road trip to AL last weekend and look what I came home with….

17 NH’s and 10 BR’s....Just what everyone need, more chickens!
Chris

Oh my gosh Chris, you've got to quit showing me these chicks. ha,ha. I still have 27 in the incubator that have 1 week on one bunch and 10 days or so for the next bunch. I have a few eggs ordered and that will be my last hatches till way late this year or I may even wait till next spring to do any more. I do have 3 orders of chicks yet to come.
What line of BR's did you get. Are these the ones from Matt? lol Oh my, we've got to quit this stuff. lol

Oh my gosh Chris, you've got to quit showing me these chicks. ha,ha. I still have 27 in the incubator that have 1 week on one bunch and 10 days or so for the next bunch. I have a few eggs ordered and that will be my last hatches till way late this year or I may even wait till next spring to do any more. I do have 3 orders of chicks yet to come.
What line of BR's did you get. Are these the ones from Matt? lol Oh my, we've got to quit this stuff. lol

Yep, they all came from Matt! The BR's are the Good Shepard line and the NH's are the German cross that he has. I have one more order of eggs coming either today or tomorrow and I think that I will be done hatching anything until maybe the Fall. Right now, I just need to stay off of here and go out and start building more pens, that is what I really should be doing, lol!

I also need to post some pics of the 6 month old and the 5 month old birds to get some opinions and help....They are all really starting to look very nice as they fill out and It's going to be hard for me to decide who is going to stay and who goes because I like them all. So maybe if some of the more experienced peeps can point some flaws out...it will make it a little easier for me when the time comes to move some birds out.

Chris

Okay everybody,
I received 8 eggs in this batch, put them in incubator, on day 14 there was 1 clear egg. I candled on day 18 before putting them into lock down, 1 looked a little iffy and the other 6 all looked fine. As of right now 2:16 PM I have 6 little fuzzy NH's hatched out. Paid for 6 and got 6. I really don't think that the other one is going to do anything. I'll leave it in there because I have 7 Orp eggs in there that are due to hatch Saturday so it can stay in there just in case it is a late bloomer. lol
Thanks so much Banjo. You can feel pretty proud of this batch of shipped eggs. 6 chicks from 8 shipped eggs isn't to bad, what's your thoughts. lol Still have one more bunch of the NH's from Banjo that will go into lock down later next week.
Jim
There are a few pictures of these on my site (New Hampshire page) and I will be posting some better ones once I move them to the brooder box.
http://jimspetsandpoultry.weebly.com

Hey Chris,
When you are done with building your pens you can come up and build some for me. I have an empty room right now so you can spend a few days. lol Don't you think maybe you need a vacation. lol

Last edited:
Okay everybody,
I received 8 eggs in this batch, put them in incubator, on day 14 there was 1 clear egg. I candled on day 18 before putting them into lock down, 1 looked a little iffy and the other 6 all looked fine. As of right now 2:16 PM I have 6 little fuzzy NH's hatched out. Paid for 6 and got 6. I really don't think that the other one is going to do anything. I'll leave it in there because I have 7 Orp eggs in there that are due to hatch Saturday so it can stay in there just in case it is a late bloomer. lol
Thanks so much Banjo. You can feel pretty proud of this batch of shipped eggs. 6 chicks from 8 shipped eggs isn't to bad, what's your thoughts. lol Still have one more bunch of the NH's from Banjo that will go into lock down later next week.
Jim
There are a few pictures of these on my site (New Hampshire page) and I will be posting some better ones once I move them to the brooder box.
http://jimspetsandpoultry.weebly.com

Hey Chris,
When you are done with building your pens you can come up and build some for me. I have an empty room right now so you can spend a few days. lol Don't you think maybe you need a vacation. lol

Not quite finished with these yet but I'm close....

Chris

Back
Top Bottom