Get Fit Together

I don't agree. Letting myself have any junk food just opens the door for more and more. It's important to not fall into cycles of binging and then cutting it out entirely, but, as a goal I prefer to set the bar higher.
My husband has been the same way. Having a little treat turned into a whole week of treats. He's gotten better but still definitely has a tendency to go that direction. If we do buy a treat now and then, we buy a small portion of it, definitely not a sharing size, and that's it. When it's gone, it's gone.
We're lucky in the sense that we don't have the grocery store very close by so we food shop every 2 weeks or so. I don't know if that's an option for you... literally going to the grocery store less frequently.

My husband has been the same way. Having a little treat turned into a whole week of treats. He's gotten better but still definitely has a tendency to go that direction. If we do buy a treat now and then, we buy a small portion of it, definitely not a sharing size, and that's it. When it's gone, it's gone.
We're lucky in the sense that we don't have the grocery store very close by so we food shop every 2 weeks or so. I don't know if that's an option for you... literally going to the grocery store less frequently.
Yes, absolutely. One of my problems is getting a small treat.. and then seeing how much cheaper per pound the large sizes are. "I'll give it to someone else" never works.

The grocery store is 45 minutes away, but my commute is longer and
unfortunately I have a nice grocery store with a sushi bar less than a minute from there. I think doing meal prep the day before and taking a lunch would reduce the temptations. I can't meal prep in the morning, unless I want to get up at 5:30, and I don't.

I prepared a few chicken breasts yesterday to use for lunches. Today, I had one with potatoes and a cooked veggie mix.

Yes, absolutely. One of my problems is getting a small treat.. and then seeing how much cheaper per pound the large sizes are. "I'll give it to someone else" never works.

The grocery store is 45 minutes away, but my commute is longer and
unfortunately I have a nice grocery store with a sushi bar less than a minute from there. I think doing meal prep the day before and taking a lunch would reduce the temptations. I can't meal prep in the morning, unless I want to get up at 5:30, and I don't.

I prepared a few chicken breasts yesterday to use for lunches. Today, I had one with potatoes and a cooked veggie mix.
I have a small grocery store close to me also. I tell myself that if I am buying junk food there, I have to walk to the store, not drive

I don't agree. Letting myself have any junk food just opens the door for more and more. It's important to not fall into cycles of binging and then cutting it out entirely, but, as a goal I prefer to set the bar higher.
Self control. You seem to know your powers already. Walk away.

Self control. You seem to know your powers already. Walk away.
It isn't actually self control that gives many people the best results. It's knowing your weaknesses and working to find the best strategy to overcome them. Turning it into a willpower game just exhausts most people and makes them feel bad. I wasted a lot of time that way.

I'm glad it works for you, but it's not the case for me, hence why I'm asking for tips and not just "stop doing it."

It isn't actually self control that gives many people the best results. It's knowing your weaknesses and working to find the best strategy to overcome them. Turning it into a willpower game just exhausts most people and makes them feel bad. I wasted a lot of time that way.

I'm glad it works for you, but it's not the case for me, hence why I'm asking for tips and not just "stop doing it."
I'm the same way. I used to drink pop a lot, from McDonald's. I'd buy a large coke, light ice, styrofoam cup. I knew I needed to stop that so I had my son tell me, "No Mommy No!" Repeatedly, every time we drove past. That worked. That and giving myself a colored check mark everyday on the calendar that I didn't drink pop. Yes, I faltered. Those days I gave myself a black X. It was such an accomplishment when I could go a whole week without a black X. Then two weeks. Then a month, then two months. It's been well over 5 years since I've had dark pop. I do drink Sprite, but only about once every six months. It just doesn't taste good to me anymore

I found a new recipe today for balsamic and Italian chicken. I made a few pans, enough for DH and I to have lunch for a few days.
IMG_20230205_123401517.jpg

I am not a renowned cook so I was pleased that nothing caught fire.

I found another new recipe for garlic-lemon coated salmon, potatoes, and asparagus. I didn't like how the potatoes came out, but the salmon was delicious. Unfortunately, these are not low calorie meals, but they still have good nutritional value.

Back
Top Bottom