Get this...

cthrash1

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset, KY
Chickens are definitly NOT dumb!! This morning like every morning I opened the hatch and everyone came out including my broody silkie Belle. She did her morning thing, ate, drank, poo'd...Okay sidetrack moment, yesterday I put a small bowl of feed and scratch mixed in her nest with her...Anyway, this morning...She heads back in the coop to jump on her nest(the whole time chatting away) she looks in the box and comes back out still chatting and looking up at me. I'm like hmm okay...Well she goes over to the door that has the feed stored behind it and chats at me...I don't move, I'm still in shock. She goes back to the hatch but doesn't go in and looks at me and heads back to the door(still chatting at me) with food behind it. I pulled myself out of this shocked feeling, get the bowl from the coop and start toward the feed door and she in turn goes to the hatch. As I am opening the feed door she goes on in the coop, I peek through the window and see her get in her box and wait. I filled her little bowl and put it in the corner in front of her face...She is now a happy chicken. And a smart one too.

lol.png
Hilarious! I can see her just chatting away...
big_smile.png

* Wild, isn't it?? My new one, Perky, has decided she is not allowed to get out of her bin in the morning until I come in and lift her food and water out and set it on the floor. I took the lid off the bin a week ago, she stays there until I take her stuff out in the a.m. BUT puts herself to bed at night in the bin, regardless of whether I get in there at dusk or later to move her stuff! What a good girl she is!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom