Getting a Green egg every day!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by momofchicks, Sep 7, 2011.

1. momofchicks

momofchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    Kentucky
    I have 3 EE's and am getting 1 green egg a day. I haven't seen who is laying it/them. Should I think there are more than 1hen laying or could 1 EE lay everyday? I wish the other hens would get in on this laying egg deal!

2. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    When my EE first started laying, we got a green egg 13 out of 14 days from her. We started calling her The Producer.

Now that she's approaching her one year birthday, she's slowed to about 5 days a week. Which still gives us plenty of fresh eggs.

Hopefully, your others will get the idea from the one who's laying and start picking up the slack.

3. dbounds10

dbounds10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Yep they can lay every day. Are they all showing signs of laying (squatting, hanging out in nest box)? You can also pick them up and check the width of the pelvic bones. They are right under the vent. 2 pointy bones. If you can get 2-3 fingers in between the bones, that is most likely your layer. If all of them are that way, then you might have more than one layer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by