Getting a puppy AKC registered?

arabianequine

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
The dam is CKC and the dad can be papered but the owners don't want to register him. Is there anyway the puppy can be AKC registered. The owner keeps saying something about a blood test?

Thank you!

I am not 100% sure but I dont think akc recognize any other kennel registeries.

However all the others recognize akc

I did change a CKC dog like 12 years ago to AKC....I don't know if the rules have changed or not.

When you say CKC are you referring to the Canadian Kennel Club? If the puppy could be registered with the Canadian Kennel Club then I think you can then have the AKC recognize it. However, I'm thinking BOTH parents need to be registered, and then the resulting litter registered, etc. I still think there are a bunch of hoops you'll have to jump through. Are you looking to show and or breed this dog in the future or just want the papers so you can compete in performance events? You might want to look into the AKC's "mixed breed" program.

You might want to spend some time reading on the AKC's website: www.akc.org

akc will honor CANADIAN kennel club...

but will NOT honor continental (american ckc) or apri, or the hybrid club or any other of the fly by night if you have money you can register registries. ... both parents would have to be akc registered.

No, that isn't true. You can register a dog from another AKC *recognized* registery. There are several US registeries that are not recognize. A DNA test is often part of what you do to get your FCI, CKC, SV, dog registered from AKC plus you also need the pedigrees of your dogs parents. I don't know all the ins-and-outs of this but I have several friends who registered their dogs with AKC and had AKC registered litters from dogs imported from all over Europe and Mexico.

The best thing you can do is call AKC to get it straight from them -- they'll give you complete and accurate information. I have called them several times over the years with questions and they are good about calling back. I wouldn't email them however, because they are likely to just send you a link and let you fish for the information yourself.
smile.png
Good luck.

there are many international registries that akc will work with...

but again none of those are american registries...

theres a big difference between the canadian kennel club (ckc) and the continental kennel club (also ckc)

I have registered my Canadian Kennel Club dogs with the AKC before in order for me to show them down in the states.

BOTH parents have to be registered. Non negotiable. Then the entire litter must be CKC registered, then the individual puppy CKC registered.

Then you have to take pictures of the dog standing side and front view, send in the CKC registration certificate as well as the certified pedigree and photos to the AKC for approval.

Back
Top Bottom