Getting a PUPPY Today! 😍🐶🐾

Well, people sell poo-dogs for a lot. :( So they are sorta legitimate.
Sorta legitimate?
either legitimate or not. It can't be sorta legitimate.

It is like I say my dog is sorta pregnant. Either pregnant or not. Pick one please. either sorta or legitimate.
Still a mutt. The people who consider them a breed are extremely uneducated
I would delete extremely from this comment.
She’s from a breeder, and we are definitely keeping her. She’s a perfect fit.
super cute dog. Wish you both enjoy your journey of life to the fullest.
being from a breeder with some history is good but not enough.
Just call them designer mixes. They're purposefully bred dogs, while mutts tend to be two GOKWs that got together because of irresponsible owners.
I like designer mixes, some may not, but I do.
At first I got frustrated from your comment because I needed to search for meaning of GOKW but when I did I was like " I am gonna use this GOKW " it is cooool.
They’re BYB dogs. Designer dogs being bred is not good no matter how much you may like them.
Not good for who? the dog? the breeder , the customer? the World dog pool Gene association( we don't have such association by the way)? May I have clarification?
Just because they’re registered doesn’t mean they’re well bred. Lots of BYBs and even puppy mills are registered too… doesn’t mean anything😂 And breeding two random dogs together to create mutts for money is the definition of a BYB 😂 were they titled in anything? Health tested at all?
Dawg you lost me there brother. I love you but you know and I know there is difference between BYB and Poppy Mills and good breeders and legitimate breeders and extremely responsible breeders. Don't we?
You do realize that a ton of dogs that are BYB are registered right? Registration means nothing. Also designer dog is just a BYB term. You literally just described yourself as a BYB lol. There is so much put into good breeding. The only reason a mutt should be bred is for a purpose. For example, two working dogs could be bred together to make another working dog with desirable traits, like Anatolian x Great Pyrenees. Shitzu and yorkie is not purpose bred.
I do not have time to type out everything right now so I’ll list a few things a good breeder does. A good breeder proves their dogs. That could be in show, working, doing sports, etc. They have a specific standard that they need to meet. You also mentioned nothing of OFAs. They’re expensive but a huge part of good breeding. Any good breeder does OFAs specific to the breed to make sure the parents and puppies are healthy. Also there needs to be a contract saying the dogs will not be in a shelter, be rehomed, etc. and they will be given back to the breeder and the dogs will not be bred. there’s more that should be included but that’s just a couple. A good breeder will screen you before even considering giving you a dog, then theyll pick the dog for you to make sure they match what the buyer wants in a dog. They socialize the pups, get the pups shots and make sure the puppies will have all their needs met. There’s much more involved but I can’t type it all now, nor do I care to.
who defines purpose.?
For me and you guarding livestock is real job for another person being cute and dumb and hypoallergenic is the real purpose.
I’m not discussing this anymore. I don’t argue with children lol.
Then how do you expect them to get what you are trying to convey?
Puppy mills were recently outlawed here in NY, and I think pet shops were severely effected. Now a lot of Amish are advertising puppies…
Now I really Love NY . Puppy mills should have been banned years ago everywhere.
CMC7, that's an adorable pupper, no cap. (I have a teenage son, the lingo filters lol).

It's disheartening that so many people used this thread about OP getting a new family member to trash talk AKC, BYBs, "designer dogs" and every other d****d thing under the sun relating to dogs. Folks need to remember that YOUR priorities and interests aren't HER priorities and interests, and CMC7 chose a dog based on HER circumstances. I think she made a great choice; the pup is so cute that it looks fake. It's not a dog I would've chosen- I prefer lost animals and lost causes. Shelter dogs, found strays, old dogs, and such. The most I've ever spent on a dog acquisition has been a $20 fee to transfer a chip assignment to my name. That said, I have made fair donations to shelters and fosters to help them continue to fight for their causes.

Let CMC7 have her awesome thread about her awesome lil pupper, and start a thread specifically for bashing the dog-related thing you dislike.
Just wanted to say thank you for this comment.
Let's all wish the OP turns out to be a loving and responsible dog owner down the road.

I would delete extremely from this comment.
No, it’s common sense lol.
Not good for who? the dog? the breeder , the customer? the World dog pool Gene association( we don't have such association by the way)? May I have clarification?
All parties involved. The dog has no standard, they can’t be shown or proved, I’ve never seen a doodle health tested, their personalities are very different so they usually have bad temperaments, doodles are bred for money and they are way overpriced. The only reason people breed doodles is cause they look cute and make money.

who defines purpose.?
For me and you guarding livestock is real job for another person being cute and dumb and hypoallergenic is the real purpose.
There’s a difference though. Most well bred dogs can be normal house pets. Not all dogs can do specific jobs. That’s why some purpose bred mutts are good. 2 dogs bred together to do a specific task. It’s breeding to improve the dog, not making just another house pet.

No, it’s common sense lol.

All parties involved. The dog has no standard, they can’t be shown or proved, I’ve never seen a doodle health tested, their personalities are very different so they usually have bad temperaments, doodles are bred for money and they are way overpriced. The only reason people breed doodles is cause they look cute and make money.
The dog has no standard? Do you think the dog itself care that it has no standard to compare with? am I standard? Are you? .
You are a genuine dog enthusiast and care about keeping the purity of dogs Gene pool and their real purpose they bred for. I think I am also like you
Your time and mine has come to understand that many breed a dog for their own purpose or reason or goal. We may not approve or like the reason or purpose, but that does not make their reasoning less valuable.
I think the Dog's Gene pool will not be effected because there are thousands if not millions of people around the world who breed only pure dogs with proven ancestry and now even a shepherd on top of mountain in middle east has a cell phone and internet.

How absolutely adorable!! Congrats on your adorable pup! 🐶 ❤ I have two maltipoo sisters! I have a hunch they might be identical. They were the only two in their litter.

They were puppies when i got my first chicks, and those chickens and the dogs just ignore each other. But its funny, because they are TERRIFIED of the chickens i got later!

And they are also parti colored (black that faded to grey, and white)! No longer pups, but still look like it..

Here they are today.. depressed because they got banished from the sofa.
20221029_132326.jpg
And this is why they got banished.. apparently the sofa cover is lava 🙄
20220910_120351.jpg
And with the chickens outside..

20220723_093216.jpg

And grumpy Elsa wanting to come inside w the dogs...
20220721_123842.jpg

And the last attachment... this one WATCHES TV...

Attachments

• 20220710_203723.jpg
    20220710_203723.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 5
The dog has no standard? Do you think the dog itself care that it has no standard to compare with? am I standard? Are you? .
You are a genuine dog enthusiast and care about keeping the purity of dogs Gene pool and their real purpose they bred for. I think I am also like you
Your time and mine has come to understand that many breed a dog for their own purpose or reason or goal. We may not approve or like the reason or purpose, but that does not make their reasoning less valuable.
I think the Dog's Gene pool will not be effected because there are thousands if not millions of people around the world who breed only pure dogs with proven ancestry and now even a shepherd on top of mountain in middle east has a cell phone and internet.
Dogs and humans are so different. Dogs bred incorrectly can actually be harmful. I own ang know most about giant schnauzers so I will use that as an example. Many people have started breeding them with over angulated legs, called sickle hocks, which in effect makes it harder for them to move properly. The reason a dog has a standard is to make sure a dog can do everything properly, as it should. If a dog doesn’t have a standard it can create problems for the dog. It’s all to make sure the dog is happy and healthy.

Why would I keep discussing something that would get nowhere?
You didn't get nowhere. You made good points. I would have to agree with you for the most part. Designer dogs are expensive mutts, and anyone breeding them purely for profit is in the wrong. Not all registered dogs are of the same quality, and just because it's papered doesn't mean it's well bred.

My first point was simply that two good dogs being bred together was not a crime. I did it in the past, I wouldn't do it again. But I really do love designer dogs, and so do thousands of other dog owners. They're an interesting thing, my two LGDs are from the same parents but take after different parent breeds, and my shorkies were the same way. Some people really don't want a Purebred. My mother is one of them, she's had purebred dogs in the past, but she simply does not want a Purebred lapdog 🤷🏻‍♀️
My second point was that not all designer dogs are bred improperly or with the intention of hurting a breed.

In general I'm a bit of a snob. I don't like GOKWs, I want to know what I'm working with. I will make an exception for a designer dog since I know the parent breeds.

Dogs and humans are so different. Dogs bred incorrectly can actually be harmful. I own ang know most about giant schnauzers so I will use that as an example. Many people have started breeding them with over angulated legs, called sickle hocks, which in effect makes it harder for them to move properly. The reason a dog has a standard is to make sure a dog can do everything properly, as it should. If a dog doesn’t have a standard it can create problems for the dog. It’s all to make sure the dog is happy and healthy.
It doesn't seem like crossing between breeds would exacerbate negative traits of either parent's breed in the offspring; in fact, mutts tend to have greater vigor (the celebrated "hybrid vigor") than purebreds. If I had to choose between a random purebred or someone's idea of a named crossbreed, I'd go with the crossbreed based just on the reduced likelihood of breed-specific defects and illnesses.

Back
Top Bottom